Patchwork and Apron Replacement
- Driveway aprons, we cut them out, remove them, and install new ones
- We also do cut out patching or skim patching of driveways.
- Areas in need of patching are sunken areas, broken areas, or potholed areas.
11 Step Patchwork Process
- Measure area out from garage door 2' to 4' depending on size of apron in need of replacement. Then use straight edge and mark with chalk line.
- Cut apron out using high power chop saw with diamond blade.
- Remove old apron and haul away.
- Void fill foundation. Most of the problem as to why your apron sinks in the first place is there are open cell blocks below your apron allowing water and erosion to fall into those open cells. We fill them voids.
- Base using class 5 base. If there are low spots or bas base we install new base for optimum performance.
- Clean all debris on driveway and concrete floor. We don’t want small loose rocks to get under plate tamper and create scratches in new apron during tamping step.
- Tack coat edges using asphalt binder. This creates a better bond so asphalt isn’t as easy to pull back and leave seems.
- Install new asphalt 41a bituminous to 3"-4".
- Tamp in new asphalt using high compaction plate tamper with water for a nice smooth and highly compacted finish.
- Clean any left over debris and sweep entire area.
- Barricade area using highly visible caution tape.
DROP US A LINE
Lets us know how we can serve you!
Back to Black
Po Box 506
Circle Pines, Mn 55014